Thursday, May 26, 2011

Birthday Banner Redo

I made this birthday banner last year from a tutorial over at polkadotchair.com . I cut the triangles with pinking sheers out of my fabrics then drew out lettering and used wonder under to iron them on. Then I sewed it to this big ric rac that I had in my stash. It was a pretty quick project and I think it turned out great. I put it away with the birthday decorations. I got it back out and thought, oh my goodness, this needs improved upon. I do not like to redo projects that I have made, and normally do not. I decided to make an exception to this project. I am on an applique kick right now. I decided to use an applique stitch and stitch around the letters. It took a bit of time but it was worth it.




You can see from this image that the letters just did not stand out and couldn't be read from very far away.




See the difference the black stitching makes.




I am so happy with the end product. I think the black around the lettering just makes it pop. It will be used for many birthdays to come. ( I should have ironed it before I took the picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment